Members: Click to login/out
EMGS and Area Group Events
Sat11Mar2017Littleborough Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough,OL15 9AE
Skills Day 2017
Located on Lodge Street, a quiet cobbled area in the heart of Littleborough's central conservation area.Within 5 minutes walk of both the bus terminus and railway station (on the Manchester-Leeds via Rochdale line). Just opposite the Parish Church. There is free car parking at the Coach House and on adjacent streets.
The 4th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day
The family of Chris Kedgley, the former Chairman of the EM gauge society (and active member of the Scalefour Society) who passed away in June 2013, “gifted” his models and un-built kits to the EMGS. Chris was a highly skilled modeller who as well as building also painted and lined his models.
With the proceeds of sale from these models now exceeding £5,000 the committee have decided to hold a fourth “Skills Day” (the first in the North of England) in his memory.
The event will comprise of a number of demonstrators of (at least 15) covering a wide range of modelling skills, plus two award-winning layouts exhibited “sans drapes”
Visitors will be encouraged (where practicable) to “have a go”.
Date: Sat March 11th 2017
Location: Littleborough Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough Nr Rochdale OL15 9AE (5 mins walk from Littleborough Station which is a 20min train journey from Manchester Victoria)
Hours: 11am to 4.30pm
Cost : Admission £3
EMGS Members FREE (Don’t forget your membership cards)
Catering: The Cherry Tree café is adjacent to the venue.
Demonstrations already confirmed (more to come) include: -
- Soldering for absolute beginners - Roger Sawyer
- Signal Construction - Karl Crowther
- Etched Coach Construction- Dave Carter
- Alex Jackson (AJ’s) Couplings- Tony Williams
- White metal soldering - Derek Evans
- Architectural Model Construction - Andy Cooper
- Track and Turnout Construction -Tony Sullivan
- The art of Tree making and scenics - Dave Hawkins
- Ready to run loco conversions and chassis construction – Peter Hill
- ‘On my workbench’ Ian Worthington & Martin Edmondson featuring installation of point motors and control system for the fiddle yard on Ian’s EM ‘Glaisden’ layout.
- Resin casting in the preparation of coach sides - Martin Stringer
- Rolling stock detailing including laser glaze coach windows and wagon weathering - . Ben Lord & Dai Davies
- Modelling Road Vehicles including working vehicles using radio control and the Faller system - Phil Taylor
- Not all wagons are the same!! – Duncan Redford
There will also be a Loco clinic for troublesome models run by John James who will also be expounding the virtues of Split Chassis Loco Construction.
The EMGS "Trade Stand" will be in attendance.
This event is organised on behalf of the EMGS mainly by Tony Sullivan (EMGS Publicity Officer) with the considerable help of Karl Crowther and members of The Rochdale MRG. (Contact 07806 093340 or email@example.com