The 5th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day
Disabled access: There is a ramp for wheelchairs giving access to the ground floor of the museum. However, the Skills Day event is taking place on the upper floor and we very much regret that the museum website (http://www.krm.org.uk/) states there is, unfortunately, no disabled access to the upper floor, on the advice of the Fire Officer.
The family of Chris Kedgley, the former Chairman of the EM Gauge Society (and active member of the Scalefour Society) who passed away in June 2013, “gifted” his models and un-built kits to the EMGS. Chris was a highly skilled modeller who as well as building also painted and lined his models.
With the proceeds of sale from these models now exceeding well over £5,000 the EMGS Board have decided to hold a fifth “Skills Day” (the first in the Midlands) in his memory.
The event will feature over a dozen experienced modellers demonstrating a wide range of skills, plus “Kitedale” an ex L&Y P4 layout presented by Ray Hodson and “Trewithick” a GWR EM layout presented by Graeme Vickery. Both layouts will be presented “sans drapes”
Date: Sat March 10th 2018
Location: The Kidderminster Railway Museum (adjacent to the Severn Valley Railway
station) Comberton Hill, Kidderminster, DY10 1QX
Hours: 11.00 to 16.30
Cost: Admission Free to all
Catering: The SVR has its own tea- rooms adjacent to the venue.
Demonstrations already confirmed (one or two more to come):
- Resistance Soldering for absolute beginners (Pm only) - Ray Hodson
- Which Coupling? - Alex Jackson/Dinghams/Lincs/Sprat&Winkle (Am only) - David Hawkins
- Track and Turnout Construction (Am only) - Tony Sullivan
- Ready to run loco conversions - Peter Hill
- Layout Electronics - Bill Wyatt-Millington
- Plasticard Modelling - Geoff Kent
- Signal Construction - Karl Crowther
- Painting & Lining - Ian Rathbone
- Loco clinic for troublesome models - Tim Venton
- Wagon suspension and springing systems compared - Andrew Ullyott
- How I weather my rolling stock on “Canada Street” - Peter Johnson
- Architectural Model Construction - Dave Barrett
- Scenics - Paul Ash
- Split Chassis Loco Construction - John James
The EMGS Trade Stand will also be in attendance.
This event is being organised on behalf of the EMGS by Tony Sullivan (EMGS Board Member). (Contact 07806 093340 or firstname.lastname@example.org