Welcome to the Website of the EM Gauge Society.
The scale of 4mm/ft is the same as ‘OO’ but EM standards replace the under scale 16.5mm track gauge with specifications that more closely resemble the prototype 4’8½” track gauge. OO/4mm accessories available for creating your layout are equally suitable for modelling in EM. Rolling stock and locomotives offered by the likes of Hornby and Bachmann as well as kits supplied for 00 can generally be converted to run in EM using components supplied by the Society and basic tools. We offer a comprehensive membership package that includes:
- Technical Manual – Over 250 pages containing hints & tips to assist you in constructing or converting your models. (now issued on CD with option of printed copy).
- Updates issued with Newsletter. Newsletters issued regularly throughout the year. Gives the Society latest news and updates. Useful sales section for members to sell and buy items.
- Area Groups and groups within existing model railway clubs can be found in many parts of the country. Groups will extend a warm welcome to new members so you won’t feel alone with your problems.
- Each year the Society runs shows. Currently we have the major one at Bracknell, with a second in Manchester. We are always hoping to improve and aim to make them some of the best shows in the country. As well as layouts, each event comprises lectures, demonstrations and specialist trade stands. Plus we have our AGM. Whilst on a smaller scale it is a useful place to shop and see what’s happening in the Society and have your say on how we run things. The annual modelling competition takes place at the AGM.
- EMGS Store – We stock many items at competitive prices to assist you with your hobby. The Society Trade Officer is a good source of knowledge and is ready to advise on what you need to convert your stock or build the track. We do offer a mail order service to our members.
Should you be unable to logon then please contact us using this this link and we will investigate. Please include your membership number with your message.