Skills Day 2020
EMGS Announcement - DRAFT 3a
The 7th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day - Saturday March 14th 2020
Didcot Civic Hall - 11.00am to 4.00pm
We are pleased to announce that the EM Gauge Society and the Scalefour Society are holding in March 2020, another ‘Skills Day’ event. This is the first one to take place in this region and builds on the successful formula of an informal, informative gathering of modellers. As in previous years, the EMGS involvement is again being funded by the bequest of Chris Kedgley, former Chairman of the EM Gauge Society and active member of the Scalefour Society who passed away in June 2013.
Didcot is a famous railway town with Didcot Parkway Railway Station being within walking distance of the Civic Hall. Even in March, for a weekend break the area has much to offer railway enthusiasts, Didcot Railway Centre is within walking distance while Pendon Museum at Long Wittenham is only a couple of miles distant.
As ever, the emphasis will be on ‘showing and telling’ and so will feature around eighteen experienced modellers demonstrating a wide range of skills and a variety of innovative techniques. All this will be supported by an expected total of six quality layouts to inspire you and illustrate some of these methods in practice.
Date: Saturday March 14th 2020
Location: Didcot Civic Hall, Britwell Road, Didcot OX11 7JN
Opening Times: 11.00am to 4.00pm
Admission: Entry is free, but donations are encouraged.
Catering: Teas and coffees will be available.
For lunch, a wide variety of hostelries and cafes are close at hand.
- Brighton East(EM) - Dave Smith
- Cheddar (P4) - Chris Challis
- Edge Hill (EM) - Paul Segar
- Great Bardfield(P4) - David Hawkins
- Lower Exbury (P4) - Alison and David Barker
- Westcliff (EM) - Richard Butler
- Ready to Run Locomotive Conversion - Mike Ainsworth
- Signals - Mark Tatlow
- Scenics - Paul Ash
- Weathering Techniques - Mick Bonwick (Great Missenden)
- Resistive Soldering Techniques - David Brandreth
- Alex Jackson & Dingham Auto couplings - David Bridges
- Laser Cutting Techniques - Jonathan Buckie
- Templot - Phil Chudley
- Coaches - Philip Hall
- Painting & Lining - Geoff Haynes
- Trees – Ray Hodson
- Weathering Diesel period stock - Peter Johnson
- Not all wagons are the same - Duncan Redford
- Soldering - Roger Sawyer
- Trackwork - Phil Tattershall
- Wagon Suspension & Springing Systems - Andrew Ullyott
- Loco Clinic - Tim Venton
- Architectural Modelling - Grahame Vickery
- Electronics - MERG
The EMGS Test Track will be in attendance and will be situated adjacent to Tim Venton’s stand.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible
This event is being organised by the various area groups in the South and South West of England of the EM Gauge Society www.emgs.org and the Scalefour Society http://scalefour.org/
Contact: Tony Sullivan, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org